The Needle and The Prick® Course by Teryn Darling
The ultimate needle course. To just simply pick up any needle at random and hope it will create the kind of work you are wanting is a big gamble…even if you are skilled in your procedures. Choosing and using the right needle for each procedure you are doing will allow you to work with ultimate efficiency, complete the procedure faster and achieve a more predictable healed result. When we work more efficiently and spend less time in the skin…less trauma is caused to the skin and our work heals better.
Cosmetic tattoo artists have the important task of selecting the appropriate needle diameter size, count, taper and configuration for every procedure performed. The needle dictates the footprint left behind in the skin so choosing the right needle is crucial not only to achieve the artistic result wanted, but again…to tattoo every procedure with efficiency.
Choosing the right needle directly impacts our work and our results. Teryn is one of the select few cosmetic tattoo artists who learned the dying art of needle making and for years every procedure she performed was done with a needle she made. She understands the importance and complexities of tattoo needles. With thousands of procedures to her credit, Teryn will guide you through the science of needles ensuring that the outcome of your procedures becomes more predictable. She will give you the insight necessary to analytically and artistically explore the heart of procedure perfection…the needle.
This course offers an in depth and engaging theory portion that delivers important needle education that every PMU artist should know. Topics from the theory portion were organized into detailed, written chapters for easy to find information. This course also contains over 6 hours of video.
In this course you will learn:
- The Cartridge Needle, Needle on the Bar and the Handtool
- The different diameter size needles and the importance of each size
- The different size single needles and when you might choose one size over another
- The needle taper and how the different tapers affect the skin
- The different needle configurations
- Liners vs. Shaders
- Magnums (Curved, Straight Edge and Stacked)
- Handtools. A guide on how to choose the best handtool for the different skin types
- Textured Needles vs. Non Textured Needles
- Needle Influences…all the variables that influence the needle
- Understanding Needle Codes
- The versatility of Needles
- Depth and hand pressure used for the different needle types
- Needle Angle
- The Needle Float
- Movements….the 6 core movements we make with our needles
- How the stroke setting of a machine affects the needle
- Disposable grips
- A Video of Teryn Making Needles
- A Custom Needle Cheat Sheet
- A Detailed Handout
- A Certificate of Training
- Membership to the The Needle and the Prick ® FB Support Board
- And so much more
Access the course HERE