Machine and Movements: The Manual to Machine Conversion Course by Teryn Darling
When I picked up my permanent makeup machine for the very first time, loaded the needle, turned it on and started tattooing an eyebrow…I knew right there and then this was exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. That was almost twenty-one years ago and during those twenty-one years I developed a tattoo machine obsession. My machine obsession may have started during my body tattoo apprenticeship when one day I walked into the shop and my brand-new coil machine was in pieces on my workstation. I was told to put it back together again in perfect running order if I want to “get on skin” that day. It may have taken me a while to accomplish that task…but I did it.
Since then, I’ve used numerous types of machines from many different manufacturers and have never been able to settle on just one.
My obsession went beyond how the machine felt in my hand or the level of work I could produce with a machine…I wanted to know and completely understand all the mechanics, complexities and layers to the different machines.
If you are new to permanent makeup or body tattooing, or if you started out as a microblader or hand tool artist, crossing over to a machine can be very intimidating. Machines are expensive and there are so many to choose from, so how do you know which machine will be a great machine for you?
In this course I will teach you everything you need to know about machines. I will provoke your thoughts on many different levels. Although the only thing I cannot do…is actually put a machine in your hand, this course is so in-depth, detailed and stimulating, I feel confident you will leave this course with a very good understanding of what you need and want in a machine.
What good is a machine in your hand if you do not know how to move that machine? I will teach you the six core machine movements used in all the PMU procedures; The Hair Stroke Movement, Circles, Whip Shading, Pendulum, Pointillism and Shovelling.
This course is loaded with written content, a downloadable handout, and video tutorials. This course will help develop you into the versatile and badass machine artist you want to be.
- In this course you will learn and receive:
- The different machine types: Coil, Digital, Traditional Rotary, Pen-Style Rotary and the new All-in-one Wireless Machines
- All the different factors to consider when deciding which machine is best for you like: weight, vibration level, noise level, cartridge vs. needle on the bar, direct insert vs. external grip, corded vs. wireless, Proprietary vs universal, versatility, initial set up fees and ongoing costs, and warranty & Support
- Disposable Grips and Grip Sizes
- Which style cartridge tip will work best for you?
- How far should you extend your needle?
- Machine Accessory Overview
- Stroke settings and which one is best for you
- What is the Give of a machine?
- Power Box Settings
- What speed to run your machine
- Hand Speed
- Hand Pressure and depth
- In depth teaching of the 6 core machine movements: Circular Movements, Shoveling Movements, The Whip Shading Movement, The Pendulum Movement, The Pointillism Movement and the Hair Stroke Movement
- Wrapping and protecting your machine properly
- Breaking down your machine properly
- Trouble Shooting
- Teryn’s tips to Machine Success
- Detailed Handout
- A Certificate of Completion and so much more
Access the course HERE